It's a real challenge to create exploding targets that can be set off by low velocity projectiles, yet remain safe to handle without risk of ignition during construction.
The targets demonstrated in the following video were created to avoid those challenges by using quite harmless pulling trick fireworks to create a loud report and cloud of smoke, not initiated by the projectile itself, but instead by the sharp and predictable impact of a mouse trap.
The result is a reusable and effective exploding target that is capable of no more harm than a pinched finger, and provides excellent entertainment for low cost and little effort.
If necessary, the mouse trap paddle may be reinforced with a piece of steel or a large coin if airguns that might pierce the plastic are to be used (such as pellet guns). Below are listed the very few tools and materials required for these targets:
- 1 large paddle mouse trap
- Pulling trick fireworks
- Adhesive putty
- Orange duct tape
Any projectile that is capable of triggering a mouse trap can be used, including Nerf darts, paintballs, stones from slingshots, and blowguns.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades